Catch a great value for your home.
- "Money can't buy you happiness....but it can buy you an environment in which happiness is most likely to thrive!"— Bob Fosse
- ....let me just give you the chance to SEE IT!
- There's no place like home! But where is it?
- Mi casa, su casa.....Well yes, after the closing!
- In a highest/best struggle don't hesitate. The worst that can happen is that nothing will happen.
- Leaving the place you've lived for so long is a huge thing! We really get that!
- When you buy real estate you aren't spending money..you're investing! Given time… no one loses. What a great way to also find a place to live in.
- If renting was better economics than buying, the economy would totally collapse. What a scary thought!
- Sometimes what you're really looking for is something you never imagined!
- "It was the best of times. It was the worst of times." (Tale of Two Cities) Well, the worst of times is the best time to buy! So I guess it's the best of times? I'm confused!
- The first time home buyer! How brave! How right!
- "Are you going to believe what you see or what I tell you?"— (from Chicago the musical)
- In a fine real estate transaction everyone wins! How beautiful is that!
- The seller, even though he wants to leave, says how wonderful the house is (to raise the price of course). The buyer criticizes the house he wants to own (hoping to save)! It is all so natural.... Can we talk!
Frequently Asked Questions
The standard time from contract to closing is approximately 3 months. Both the buyer and seller can negotiate longer or shorter target dates for closing. Usually there is a target date with flexibility at the end of the process, dependent on the needs of the seller, the buyer and the bank.
The less predictable question is “How long will it take to find a buyer and have a signed contract?”
Market intensity + Sales Price + Market Strategy = Speed of Sale
We look forward to formulating a strategy that will get you the highest price in the shortest time. This is the art of real estate. Sometimes the right approach is counter intuitive. An asking price too high may result in a lower sale price over a longer period of time, as the price may reduce the number of buyers who decide to look at the property. Often a lower asking price will attract a high volume of qualified buyers who will drive the bids higher, maximizing the outcome both for price and speed! We will recommend a personalized market strategy for your sale, on your timetable, appropriate to the ever changing reality of the market.
Internet advertising is step one: “That’s one click for the buyer, one giant leap for the seller!” – If only Neil Armstrong was alive today!
Your property will be seen internationally, instantly! Never mind the 5 boroughs, Brooklyn is now an international destination and our name, Brooklyn Properties and brooklynproperties.com, are a major contributing factor that sets us apart! Every buyer investigating properties in Brooklyn, from Manhattan to Japan, California to Israel, New Jersey to China (you get the point) will see your listing on their cell phones and laptops; as will every broker who has a buyer for Brooklyn!
How can you maximize the reward with minimum expenditure? First consideration: correct anything that might cause concern to a buyer. This is not just a cosmetic matter. We have the in-house expertise to anticipate the reaction a buyer will have to an engineer’s report. We will advise where it will be worthwhile to spend the dollars for repair and presentation. We will guide you as needed in finding trustworthy electricians, plumbers, builders and painters.
Sometimes repairing a little thing can make a great difference in the buyer’s confidence. Sometimes changing things too much can be an expenditure that will not pay off. We have decades of experience in buyer’s reactions. Let’s talk!
Banks look at “comparables.” Comparable sales of properties address the past. What is actively competing on the market is the real question for a seller. What else can the buyer find for the same price in a similar neighborhood? This is the real market.
The price is also affected by the macro economic climate; interest rates, stock market fluctuations, elections… all of these affect buyer attitudes. Every property is different and every moment in time is different. Let’s talk!
· Our amazing photographer works only for us and will be able to have your listing up within 24 hours from the time the photos are ready.
· Brooklyn Properties can stage your home with our in-house interior designer to maximize how it looks in person and on the internet!
· Brooklyn Properties can create a 3D digital tour of your property so that buyers all over the world can walk through at their leisure before booking their flight!
· Brooklyn Properties can create a video presentation for online viewing
· Brooklyn Properties will have floor plans drawn up
Brooklyn Properties has a culture of team work. When you list with us you list with the whole company, not just the listing agent. Open houses will be conducted, as recommended, until the property is in contract. Every agent at Brooklyn Properties will be able to show and communicate freely about all listings. Showings are not limited to the schedule of the listing agent!
Buyers, through viewing your property, will be provided with a full color photo/fact sheet containing all of the details about your listing.
This is critical. We gain knowledge of the buyer’s financial viability, just as the buyer has the right to inspect the property. We will make absolutely certain that any buyer making an offer is able to get to the finish line. We review qualifications from mortgage brokers, proof of assets, credit ratings, special situations that might come up in international transactions… any issues that could affect the buyer’s ability to close. We are very careful in this investigation.
Our work continues after contracts are signed. If the buyer is getting a mortgage, the bank will send an appraiser. The appraiser needs data to substantiate the value to the bank. They will consider closed sales, in contract sales and on the market properties. We will gather this information and present it when we show the property to the appraiser. In a rising market, getting through the appraisal successfully can be tricky, especially if we have achieved a record sale price. In this case nothing succeeds like excess; an excess of data to support the price. It’s best not to try this on your own; we have years of experience so that you can avoid an unhappy ending.
One market strategy is to pick an asking price to attract buyers, then the buyers compete with each other, driving the price up. We would then conduct a “Highest and Best”. It is called that in recognition that the buyer offering the highest price may not be the best candidate to go into contract with. The “Best” gives weight to the big picture of the buyer’s finances and specific situation to insure that they will close and in a timely manner. Our skills in conducting the “Highest and Best” will achieve the best price offered by the best buyer.
Brooklyn Properties has in depth experience about every aspect of house construction and will be able to advise you about the condition of your home early in the process. We will be well prepared and knowledgeable in dealing with whatever the engineer brings to the attention of the buyer.
The timing of selling a home and then buying another is frequently very difficult. If we are considering a buyer with a sales contingency, Brooklyn Properties will examine the details of your buyer’s sale to be able to assess and minimize the degree of risk.
Ready to sell your home?
We know the Brooklyn market. Every home is different and the market is always changing. Need to consult on pricing, condition & renovation, or marketing? We are just a phone call away: 718-788-3888
- 1We have 35+ agents.
- 2We have 3 offices.
- 3We have sold over 3 billion dollars worth of property in Brooklyn.